Are you concerned about getting your home ready to sell? Well, you’re not alone. In fact, most sellers are. But with the right tips and Realtor, you can be on track toward successful open houses and showings with a home that sparkles and shines for potential buyers.
First, let’s take a quick look at market conditions. Home sales are projected to rise by 10% in 2021 as the market continues to rebound from the turbulence of 2020. Demand continues to be high as buyers enter the market at a faster rate than homes for sale. We are also seeing more millennials entering the home buying market for the first time, which will lead to increased demand through the year.
Given this increased demand, sellers may only need to make small adjustments to make their houses look appealing to buyers who are already willing to buy into competitive markets. Gone are the days of pre-listing renovations, for now anyway.
There's no denying that getting your house ready to sell can be stressful and a ton of work! That’s why we came up with the top 5 tips to help get your home in ready-to-sell shape.
1. Price it right. Choosing the right asking price is essential to a successful sale. If priced too high, sellers may push away potential buyers and leave their house sitting on the market. If buyers see a home for sale for too long, they may thing there is something wrong with it and move on to the next home.
2. Work with a Realtor. A hot market may tempt sellers to sell by owner, but multiple offer situations can be tricky to navigate, and contracts are complex and nuanced. Many sellers are surprised when I explain that the highest offer they received wasn’t the best offer.
3. Deep Clean. Cleaning is the easiest and most effective way sellers can attract higher offers. Deep cleaning should include power washing exteriors, shampooing rugs and carpets and special emphasis on kitchens and bathrooms.
4. Declutter & Depersonalize. Eliminating personal belongings like family photos and children’s art gives buyers the opportunity to imagine their own family living in the space.
5. Professional Photography & Videography. With more and more buyers shopping online, most buyers have decided they love a home before they even tour it. Having high quality photos and a video tour will help get buyers attention.
Putting your home on the market is a big job, but you don’t have to do it alone. I can help you get top dollar for your home, as fast as possible, with as little hassle as possible. Download my proven 30 Day Guide To Prepping Your Home For Sale for a step-by-step guide to getting your home picture perfect. Does home prep feel overwhelming? Call me! I will take care of all the prep work, at no extra cost to you.